3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
b. We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
c. For competitions held on our website, we may be required to collect your name, address, date of birth and other personal identification verification information under the state gaming legislation applicable 3 to the state in which the competition is being held, for example, the Gaming and Liquor Administration Act 2007 (NSW) for trade promotions and competitions held in New South Wales.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? a. We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including: i. when you provide information about yourself to enter one of our competitions or promotions, for example on our websites, via our social media accounts or at an event; ii. when you opt-in to receive any of our newsletters or other marketing information; or iii. when you post any comments regarding us or our services on our websites or social media accounts; iv. through your access and use of our websites; v. through your use and interaction with our social media accounts, for example, when you “like” us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter or Instagram, or when you comment or post on sites of this nature; vi. when you log into our websites using your Facebook or Twitter account details; vii. when you access our mobile websites via your smart phone or tablet; viii. when you contact us with an enquiry or provide feedback via telephone, our websites, email or our social media accounts; ix. when you visit our premises, including without limitation, signing in at our reception desk; x. when you register for the guest list of an event we host; xi. when you complete a release form, for example when you participate in audio, visual and/or audio-visual content we may record from time to time for our programs and services; xii. where you provide your information to photographers or RFID service providers at our events for the purposes of identifying you in event photographs and content; xiii. if you apply for a job , internship or work experience, or send your résumé to us for any other purpose; xiv. if we engage you, your business or person/s you or your business represents to provide us with any services; xv. if you participate in a survey, research group/panel or other research activity conducted by us; 4 xvi. if you complete a vendor set up form for payment or provide us with any other details (including bank account information) to allow us to make a payment to you; or xvii. if you send us any personal information by post, including competition entries or correspondence to our employees or talent. b. Visitors to our premises additionally acknowledge that we use a third party to collect information, including Personal Data, when you register at our reception desk. If you would like further information about how we use this third party, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. WHAT HAPPENS IF WE CAN’T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? a. If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen: i. we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all; ii. we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about competitions, events or special promotions; iii. we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful; iv. we may not be able to answer enquiries, provide feedback, process and respond to any complaint made by you and provide information or advice about our products and services; v. we may not be able to allow you to enter our premises; or vi. we may not be able to include you in our content.
8. TO WHOM MAY WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
a. We may disclose your personal information to: i. our employees, contractors, related bodies corporate, companies in the Viacom International Media Brands group of companies, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants; ii. suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; iii. third party prize suppliers for the purposes of providing prizing for competitions you have entered and won; iv. third parties to whom we are licensing or assigning production content in which you have agreed to participate for which you have completed a release form; v. travel agencies and service providers where we book travel and/or accommodation on your behalf, for example as part of prize fulfillment for a competition you have won, or where you are travelling as a guest of a competition winner; vi. our affiliates (for example, Foxtel) or suppliers for the purposes of addressing any complaint relating to our services that you have made directly to us; and vii. any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent. b. We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
9. DIRECT MARKETING MATERIALS
a. We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from such communications list or lists.
8 b. Unless you expressly consent to us doing so, for example, by selecting a check box when entering a competition on our websites, we do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
10. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
a. You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
b. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
c. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
d. Please note that to update your details in any social networking sites, whether accessed directly, or via our websites as a login feature, you will need to contact the operators of those social networking sites directly.
11. WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT A BREACH OF PRIVACY? a. If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
b. We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
c. After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
12. DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA? a. We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. b. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
9 c. We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following: i. our related bodies corporate located in the United States; ii. our affiliate partners located in New Zealand; iii. companies that form part of Viacom International Media Networks, located in the United Kingdom, United States, Germany, The Netherlands, Hungary, Japan and Singapore; iv. our data hosting, IT service providers and finance service providers, located in the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, The Netherlands, Hungary, Japan and Singapore; and v. other third parties located in the United States, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, The Netherlands, Hungary, Japan and Singapore.
d. We may also disclose your personal information overseas where we are running a promotion which includes travel or a prize that is located overseas (for example, tickets to our Kids Choice Awards). In these circumstances, we may be required to give your information to a partner or sponsor of that promotion, or to event operators or prize suppliers in order to provide you with the prize if you are a winner. As this will be specific to the promotion and the countries where your information will be provided may vary, we will notify you at the time of entering into the promotion with us about the specific details of where and to whom your information may be provided.
e. If you are visiting our websites from outside of Australia or New Zealand and you reside in the EU or US please additionally be advised that your personal information may be transferred to and processed by our affiliates in the United States and the EU.
13. SECURITY a. We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed. b. As our websites are linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
14. LINKS Our websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for 10 the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
15. BUSINESS TRANSFERS In the unlikely event that we sell or otherwise dispose of some or all of our business to another party, we reserve the right to transfer your information as part of any assets sold or disposed of and you consent to such transfer.
16. CONTACTING US
b. We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.